A nice twist to boring mashed potatoes. Brown button mushrooms give this dish an incredible rich flavour.
COOKING TIME: 1h 30m
- 6 medium sized potatoes
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- olive oil
- 10 brown button mushrooms
- 100 ml double cream
- nutmeg , freshly grated
- parsley, celery, carrot mix
- 1 egg yolk
- Wash and peel potatoes. Boil them in salty water until cooked, for about 40 minutes.
- In the meantime finely chop button mushrooms and garlic, add all the spices – salt, pepper, nutmeg, origano, parsley, celery and carrot mix.
- Add mixture and a drizzle of olive oil to a large hot pan. Stir everything around and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the onions have softened and the mushrooms are starting to caramelise and take on color. Pour in the cream. Continue to stir and cook for another minute, until the cream has come to the boil. Cool everything down.
- Mash potatoes, add egg yolk and mushrooms. Stir well. Add mixture into piping bag and fill it into muffin baking dishes.
- Preheat your oven to 220ºC. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve these savory muffins with festive seasoned roast pork with red onions and wine and nice big bowl of radicchio salad.
You will need:
Heart Shaped Baking Dish
Stay tuned in as we prepare
- Classic festive recipes and
- inspiration for long and cold nights.
Be the first to know
Enter your email and receive a coupon for 10% discount on your first purchase.