A perfect way of roasting pork without drying it out. It remains soft and full of juices.
COOKING TIME: 1h 25m + reasting
- sea salt
- red, white, green & black peppercorns
- coriander seeds
- cumin seeds
- mustard seeds
- bay leaves
- garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- olive oil
- 1.5 kg higher-welfare loin of pork
- 2 red onions , peeled and sliced
- red wine
- This is a perfect way of roasting pork without drying it out. It remains soft and full of juices.
- Ask your local butcher for a nice chunk of pork loin. If the meat is good, everybody will praise your Good meat is the essential ingredient for your dinner to be a masterpiece.
- If you can, prepare your pork the day before you want to cook it. In a pestle mix all the spices – salt, peppercorns, coriander, cumin and mustard seeds, bay leaves, sliced garlic cloves and olive oil. Bash everything and rub the marinade all over the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least couple of hours.
- Remove from the fridge at least 30 minutes before you’re ready to cook, so the pork comes up to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC. In the meantime quarter red onions. Heat a casserole-type of pan, add a lug of olive oil and sweat the onions gently until soft. Push the onions to one side of the pan, add a knob of butter and brown the pork lightly all over. Transfer the meat to the baking dish. Pour one glass of red wine over the onions and let it simmer.
- Tear a piece of greaseproof paper, scrunch it up and run it under the cold tap. Cover the pork. This will help the pork steam as well as roast and keep it really moist and juicy.
- Place in the hot oven. After 30 minutes, lift off the paper, turn the pork in the juices. Replace the paper and cook for 40 minutes more. Check the pork is cooked, remove to a plate and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the pork as thin as possible as you want and serve with Christmas mashed potato bakes with mushrooms and cream and nice big bowl of radicchio salad.
You will need:
Oval Shaped Baking Dish With Handles
Stay tuned in as we prepare
- Classic festive recipes and
- inspiration for long and cold nights.
Be the first to know
Enter your email and receive a coupon for 10% discount on your first purchase.